Saturday, May 7, 2011

Photographers whose work I like - No13/ Massimo Sordi

Massimo Sordi is another of my online photography friends and colleagues. He began working as a photographer at the end of the 80's with a special interest in reading the contemporary landscape. Since 2001, he has worked as a contract professor for the Alma Mater Studiorum of the University of Bologna, and lectures on the history and techniques of photography at the "Aldo Rossi" Faculty of Architecture in Cesena.
In 2009 and 2010 he curated with Stefania Rössl the project on emerging international photography Global Photography, published in two catalogues and exhibited in many cities. In 2010 was published his first monograph, Indian photographs.

Here is a selection of Mossimo's Indian photographs. He describes this work as "nothing to see in India" and writes:

I look
I look very, very hard
I do not want to retell any more
I just want to photograph







You can discover more here: http://www.massimosordi.com/

No comments: