Monday, January 23, 2012

ROME POCKET GUIDE


When I was in Rome last October I met with Marco Delongu director of FOTOGRAFIA Festival Internazionale di Roma. Marco had just produced Alec Soth's commissioned book project La Belle Dame Sans Merci which follows commissioned series on Rome by Guy Tillim, Anders Petersen, Martin Parr and Tod Papageorge.
Alec's oversized book was a mastery of design and production. I decided in my week in Rome to make some pictures and a bookwork that was at the other end of the scale, simple and unadorned. And well, a pocket guide to Rome.....

Here it is. The bookwork is a signed and numbered limited edition of 50 copies, and contains 48 photographs over 48 pages, printed on 150 gsm art paper, 158 x 108mm.
















Copies can be obtained directly from me at: harvey.benge@xtra.co.nz
Prices are, €25 / £20 / US$30 / NZ$38, which includes packing and postage. For payment you can simply log on to my PayPal account using my email address above.

1 comment:

Ostello Roma said...

Good day to you my friend. I needed to write you a simple note to show my thanks. I have been reading your weblog for a month or so and have picked up an excessive amount of good info as well as enjoyed the best way you have setup your blog. I am attempting to setup my own blog but I believe it's far too general. I wish to focus more on specific topics. Being all issues to all people shouldn't be all that its cracked up to be. Many thanks.